Natural Latex Foam Pillows
Natural latex foam pillows are made from latex harvested from the rubber tree, rather than synthetic rubber made in a lab. They are healthy, breathable, and offer excellent support.
In the organic bedding industry, the terms latex and rubber are used interchangeably so latex pillows can also be referred to as rubber pillows.
Latex is the milky sap that is produced by the rubber tree. The latex is processed and turned into foam rubber pillows.
The Benefits Of Natural Latex
Latex pillows provide excellent support to the head and neck, which is crucial for a good night’s sleep. Latex has a medium firmness and is often described as “springy.” It will adjust to your movements during the night, always keeping your head properly supported and does not flatten during sleep.
These pillows have intentional holes in the surface and a network of interconnecting air channels. This allows for easy airflow through the pillow, meaning heat and moisture is well regulated. Latex foam pillows do not overheat meaning your head stays nice and cool in summer. Because of this air circulation, the pillow is very resistant to the growth of mold and mildew.
Latex is resistant to bacteria and microbes. It is dust resistant which helps keep away those pesky dust mites, which cause asthma and allergies.
Here are the list of Top 20 Best Latex Pillows in 2020
TOP 15 BEST LATEX PILLOWS IN 2020
1. 100% Organic Latex Contour Neck Pillow
2. MALOUF Z 100% Natural Talalay Latex Zoned Pillow
3. Simmons Beautyrest Latex Foam Pillow
4. Beautyrest Latex Foam Pillow
5. All Natural Latex Pillow with Organic Cotton Outer Covering
6. Sleep Artisan – Natural Latex Adjustable Loft Queen Pillow
7. All Natural Latex Premium Talalay Pillow
8. Contoured Pillows, ALPHA LATEX Thailand Natural Latex Organic Pillow
9. e-Luxury Supply Beautyrest Latex Pillow
10. SWEESLEEP Medium Soft Natural Talalay Latex
11. Authentic Talatech 230 Thread Count Latex Foam Firm Density Pillow
12. Cardinal & Crest Natural Latex Foam Pillow
13. Elite Rest Slim Sleeper – Natural Latex Foam Pillow
14. Organic Textiles Natural Talalay Latex Pillow
15. UUQ Latex Foam Pillow
The Drawbacks Of Natural Latex
Latex is not suited to every sleep type. A latex foam pillow is best suited to a back sleeper because of its medium height. Side sleepers need higher pillows and while you could sleep on latex it wouldn’t be the most ideal material. A latex pillow is also slightly too high for a stomach sleeper and could cause unnecessary discomfort.
Check out Choosing A Pillow That’s Right For You for more information on the back, side, and stomach sleep types.
The other problem with natural latex is that, funnily enough, it has a rubbery smell, although this will normally dissipate over time. This doesn’t bother most people but some can find it uncomfortable.
Latex is hypoallergenic which means it is ideal for the large numbers of people who have allergies caused by dust mites in their regular bedding. However, there is a small minority who can have an allergic reaction to latex and if this is you then obviously you want to consider an alternative.