Everyone knows that when you are getting ready for your little one to arrive, you want everything to be perfect from the clothes to the crib, to the crib bedding. One thing that is overlooked way too often is the crib mattress. The mattress is where your baby will spend most of its life during the first few years. Isn’t that enough convincing right there for you to buy him or her nothing but the best?
What is an Organic Mattress?
With everyone starting to go green and eat organic, is it a surprise that there are now organic cotton crib mattresses? So, what is an organic mattress and is it healthier for your baby? It is healthier. The reason that organic vegetables and fruits are healthier is that they do not contain chemical pesticide residues.
Organic milk is healthier because it comes from cows that are not given artificial hormones. Just like these examples, organic mattresses are made with organic, non-toxic materials where regular crib mattresses are made with chemically questionable materials. But, it’s not just the materials that are the problem.
It is what these materials are thought to cause. Some have been linked to childhood health problems. Things like plasticizers and fire retardants are in the foam and covers on a traditional crib mattress. Parents and doctors have started recommending organic mattresses to avoid unnecessary exposure to some of these chemicals.
Why Go Organic?
Some may ask why an organic mattress would be better than a traditional mattress. The decision becomes easier after you know all of the facts. Here are a few reasons why it is better to go organic than stick with traditional crib mattresses.
Influence the Market
You can influence the marketplace by purchasing organically made products. More organic products will be made in the future if consumers, like you, continue to buy them. Your purchase of an organic mattress is helping the environment because cotton that is grown organically reduces the pesticides in the fields.
Safety for Your Baby
Switching from a standard mattress to an organic mattress is not only earth-friendly.
But it is also a matter of safety for your baby.
Many standard mattresses contain unnecessary chemicals that can be harmful to your baby and its growth.
Organic mattresses do not contain any of these potentially harmful chemicals.
Here are the list of Top 20 Best Organic Mattress in 2020
TOP 20 BEST ORGANIC MATTRESSES IN 2020
1. Pure Green Natural Latex Mattress – Medium Firmness – Queen
2. Brentwood Home Cypress Mattress
3. My Green Mattress – Natural Escape Medium Firm Mattress
4. Happsy Organic Mattress – Cal King
5. Tuft & Needle King Mattress with T&N Adaptive Foam
6. My Green Mattress – Pure Echo
7. Naturepedic 2-in-1 Organic Cotton Ultra Quilted Mattress
8. LUCID 10 Inch California King Hybrid Mattress
9. Live & Sleep Ultra King Mattress – Gel Memory Foam Mattress
10. Oliver Smith Organic Cotton 12 Inch Deluxe Sleep
11. Best 2 Rest 10-inch Natural Latex Foam Mattress
12. Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Green Tea Mattress
13. Naturepedic Organic Quilted Deluxe 1-Sided Mattress
14. Sunrising Bedding 8-inch Queen Size Natural Latex Hybrid Coil Spring Mattress
15. Live & Sleep King Size Mattress Gel Memory Foam
16. LUCID 10 Inch Plush Memory Foam Mattress
17. Oliver Smith Organic Cotton 14-Inch Deluxe Sleep Mattress
18. Live & Sleep Classic Twin Mattress in a Box Memory Foam Mattress 10 Inch
19. Oliver Smith Organic Cotton Revitalize Sleep 8 Inch Luxury Mattress
20. Modway Aveline 6-Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Twin Mattress
Reduction of Allergies
Studies and experts show that with their natural materials, organic mattresses allow air to flow more freely through the mattress. Your baby will breathe better with better air circulation. It is also thought that organic cotton will lower the risk of allergic reactions.
Watch out for “Almost” Organic
When you decide to purchase an organic crib mattress, make one thing to make sure of is that it is truly organic. Make sure it is not “mostly” or “nearly” made of all organic products. Read the fine print and check out the list of components.
If polyurethane is listed, for example, it cannot be 100% organic. Organic mattresses are going to be considerably more expensive than a traditional mattress. Check out some of the brands that you know and make sure that the quality is top-notch. After all, if your baby is going to spend most of its first few years on this mattress, you will want the best for him or her!