RV Mattress Buying Guide
RV Mattresses are not the same looks like your typical bedroom or bedding mattresses. A typical mattress goes on your bed frame in the bedroom, while RV mattresses are meant for the road ahead, making sleeping on the road much more comfortable. Sleeping on the road with a mattress beats any other alternative. The main difference between mattresses for the RV and the ones for the bedroom is the size of it. RV mattresses are generally smaller.
Life on the road should be just as comfortable as living at home. And with the right mattress, maybe even more comfortable. A supportive, cozy RV mattress is the first step to enjoyable and restful nights spent on the open road.
This RV mattress buying guide presents a comprehensive and detailed look at RV mattresses: how to determine if you need a new mattress, what to look for, RV mattress sizes, delivery services, RV mattress types, how to care for your RV mattress, and testimonials from Excel Distributors customers.
Here are the list of Top 14 Best RV Mattresses in 2020
TOP 14 BEST RV MATTRESSES IN 2020
1. Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 8 Inch Mattress, Short Queen (Top Pick)
2. DynastyMattress New RV Short King Cool Breeze GEL Memory Foam Mattress
3. Zinus Ultima Comfort 10 Inch Pillow Top Spring Mattress, Short Queen
4. DynastyMattress 10GEL-QUEEN-RV CoolBreeze Gel Memory Foam Mattress
5. Zinus Hybrid Spring RV / Camper / Trailer / Truck Mattress
6. Denver 326395 Short Queen Size RV Supreme Euro Top Mattress
7. Serenia Sleep 8-Inch Memory Foam RV Mattress, King
8. PlushBeds 8″ Natural Latex RV Mattress – RV Special
9. 10-Inch Full MEDIUM-FIRM Memory Foam Short Mattress
10. PlushBeds 8″ Gel Memory Foam RV Mattress – RV Special
11. AB Lifestyles Camper King 72×80 USA MADE Mattress Pad
12. Everynight Deluxe Dual Sided Economical Medium-Firm Foam
13. 12-Inch King MEDIUM-FIRM Memory Foam Short Mattress
14. TRAVEL HAPPY NARROW KING Cool Sleep Gel Memory Foam Mattress
Does Your RV Need A New Mattress?
Whether you are a weekend RVer, spend your life RVing full time or exist somewhere in between, a comfortable and supportive mattress is your ticket to enjoying life on the road.
Obvious signs your old mattress has seen better days:
- Sagging across the middle third of the mattress or along the sides, making your roll towards someone sharing the bed.
- The mattress makes creaking noises.
- Soft, non-supportive edges: a sign of edge breakdown.
- Waking up stiff or sore in the morning.
- You have developed reoccurring back pain.
A mattress in need of replacement becomes un-supportive and contributes to restless nights with less sleep. Out-of-character poor sleeping habits and the effects of sleep deprivation are usually the first signs that you need a new mattress.
How tired are you?
Signs your old mattress is causing you to sleep deprivation:
• Always tired in the morning.
• You find it constantly difficult to get out of bed in the morning.
•Need a nap during the day.
• You become irritable.
• You are unable to concentrate throughout the day.
What To Look For – RV Mattress Quality?
You should look forward to nights on the road in your RV. And your RV mattress should be comfortable, supportive, and offer the same pleasure of a good night’s sleep at home.
RV manufacturers have never used residential quality mattresses. For quality, comfort, and coziness trust Excel Distributors for your next RV mattress. Memory foam and innerspring mattresses to choose from the miles traveled on the road will be more enjoyable and the nights are guaranteed to be much more restful.
Layers of RV mattress
Another important factor, besides comfort, to look for when purchasing an RV mattress is safety. Your RV mattress must meet standard safety guidelines and regulations. Excel Distributors does not use any chemical treatments to meet fire standards; we use inherently fire retardant rayon fibers to meet safety requirements. Excel mattresses offer this safety feature and mattresses that meet Federal Fire Safety Standards (CFR 1633), a premium safety feature at no additional cost.
It is important to measure the space available for your new RV mattress. Many motor homes require RV-specific mattress sizes with different widths and lengths than your standard home version. Excel offers RV-specific mattress sizes from Twin through Queen sizes.
Mattress quality and durability are other important pieces to consider when shopping for a new RV bed.
Caring for your RV Mattresses
How to Clean and keep Proper Care for your RV Mattresses
It is important to keep good care of your RV mattresses. Doing so will save you money as you will not have to buy them all over again if they are taken care of properly. In addition to caring, you should also know how to properly clean your RV mattresses as it will help a lot since you do not want to sleep on a dirty mattress.
When it comes to caring for your mattress, you should use a cover for it. This will provide your mattress with as much protection as possible. The type of mattress covers you should look for to use on your RV mattresses are the ones made of 100% polypropylene material and are filled with 100% polyester fiberfill. These mattress covers will work best. By using this you will most likely not have to wash your mattress and only have to wash the cover.
The way to wash the mattress cover is simple and will not be damaging. All you have to do is place the cover in the washer and use cold water. Afterward, dry it on tumble or line dry. Doing this properly will most likely make it so you do not have to wash the mattress itself. In addition to this, you should flip your RV mattress over frequently to ensure even wear on both sides on the mattress.
If you do need to wash the mattress, you will have to clean it by hand since it is big. The important thing to remember is to not let the mattress get very wet and let it dry before you sleep on it again.
If you manage to care for your RV mattresses properly, then you do not have to worry about shopping for it again. Taking good care will keep your mattresses in good shape for a long time.